With the implementation of Disney’s Genie+ also came some updates to Disney’s Disability Access Service, also known as DAS. Disney’s more advanced Disability Access Service is now available for guests to use. Here is everything you need to know about the changes that have been made and how to use it.
What is Disability Access Service (DAS)?
For guests who have a difficult time waiting in a standard queue, Disney offers the DAS. Traditionally guests would need to register at Guest Services at the beginning of their day at the parks. From there, guests would go up to a Cast Member at an attraction and receive a return time. This allowed these guests to wait elsewhere outside of the line.
The new system attempts to make the DAS more mainstream for guests to select times and attractions with a pre-registration option for guests visiting the Disney parks on or after November 1, 2021. Pre-registration will be available to guests up to 30 days before their visit, but no less than 2 days beforehand. The pre-registration option is now available for guests to use.
Pre-registration is not required, and guests will still be able to get the DAS the day of their visit at Guest Relations.
Here is how it works.
- Make sure that everyone in your group is linked to your Family & Friends list so that they will be included in your plans.
- Go to the DAS registration page of Disney’s website and be sure that you are logged into your Disney account.
- Scroll down to “Ways to Register” and select the “Request Live Video Chat” Option. The video chat is available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST.
- Once you are approved you will have your photo taken and the DAS is valid for 60 days.
Registration at The Disney Parks
Locations at Walt Disney World Resort include:
- City Hall at Magic Kingdom park
- The Guest Relations lobby (near the Main Entrance) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
- The Guest Relations lobby (near the Main Entrance) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Guest Relations lobby (near Spaceship Earth) at Epcot
- Guest Experience Team kiosks
Selecting Attractions Using Your DAS Pass
After you receive your DAS through the pre-registration process a Cast Member will assist you in choosing 2 one-hour return windows for select attraction. This can happen within 30 days of your park visit. Guests will still be able to get return times throughout the day while in the park. All pre selections will need to be made 2 days before being in the park.
On the Day of Your Park Visit
The updated return time feature for guests using DAS is one of the many reasons that I love the My Disney Experience. With this app, you can make your selections on-the-go and get your return time schedule at any Disney park with just a few clicks!
Keep in mind, the return time will be comparable to the current standby wait, so you won’t be skipping the line. You’ll simply be able to wait in a different location that is not as busy or stimulating as the normal standby line.
Your scheduled DAS return times are valid until the park closes or an attraction closes for the day, so you don’t have to rush back to the attraction immediately once your return time has come. Also, it’s important to note that your party can hold only one active DAS return time at once, excluding DAS Advance ride times.
Attractions Offering Advanced Planning
Many options are available to be chosen for return windows during pre-registration. The available attractions are listed below:
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- ”it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Turtle Talk With Crush
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Play & Dance!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- Feathered Friends in Flight!
- Festival of the Lion King
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey
Attractions Not Offered With Advanced Planning
As you can see from the above list, there are a lot of attractions included in the Advanced Planning Option. However, there are some big ticket attractions that will not be able to be booked ahead of time.
Let’s Wrap Up
Being able to pre-register for Disney’s DAS is a huge added bonus to the Genie+. It will make the process more mainstream and it also means precious park time won’t be wasted at Guest Relations.
What do you think about Disney’s new advanced DAS? Let us know in the comments below!