When visiting Walt Disney World, you don’t have to look too hard around you to see and feel the magic. From smiling cast members welcoming you in to thrilling attractions to the stunning park icons that make you stop in your tracks and stare in wonder, despite the crowds of people that may be around you doing the same, you’re truly in “The Most Magical Place on Earth!”
Another part of what makes Walt Disney World so special is seeing the characters from your favorite stories and movies come alive. While there are many specified spots to meet characters across the parks, it may be hard to fit them all in with so many other things to do (and eat!). Characters meals, parades, and cavalcades are the perfect way to see many characters at once and also spot those that do not have their own meet-and-greet.
Magic Kingdom currently presents one afternoon parade per day that hosts many of your favorite Disney characters. The Festival of Fantasy Parade begins in Frontierland and turns at Liberty Square. It makes its way around Cinderella’s Castle and proceeds down Main Street U.S.A. before finishing at the Town Square. If you plan to view this parade during your Walt Disney World vacation, here is who you can expect to see during this 10-minute procession.
Princesses And Princes
- Belle and Beast – Dressed in her yellow ball gown and he in his royal suit open the parade
- Cinderella and Prince Charming – You’ll also sneak a peak of her mice friends who are working hard on a new dress for Cinder-elly
- Tiana and Prince Naveen
- Anna and Elsa – They share their portion of the float with their frosty friend Olaf
- Rapunzel and Flynn Rider – You will also spot a few swinging Ruffians and the loveable Mime we first saw at the Snuggly Duckling.
- Mermaid Ariel – This is currently the only place to see Ariel as a mermaid since her meet and greet at the grotto is still closed. Find Sebastian and Flounder also on her float.
- Snow White – Accompanied by the seven dwarfs, they appear later on in the parade while the above princesses are at the beginning.
- Wendy – Find her dancing in the street with the Lost Boys
- Peter Pan – He captains a pirate ship after overtaking it from his long-time foe Captain Hook who also is present
- Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather – They magically float along the parade route casting spells and assisting Prince Phillip defeat his enemy
- Maleficent – this real fire-breathing dragon is an unforgettable sight!
- Alice and the Mad Hatter
- Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio
- Chip and Dale
- Mickey and Minnie – Everyone’s favorite mouse couple closes the parade on a hot air balloon float
Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app for the exact time of The Festival of Fantasy Parade during your visit as the time could change without notice. Also, while you are likely to see all of the above characters, character appearances are also subject to change without notice. Is the Festival of Fantasy Parade a must-see when you visit Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World? What is your favorite part of the parade? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured Photo: Emily Murray.