Walt Disney World has been extra busy lately, even reaching capacity on many days. Due to the influx of people more guests have been purchasing Disney’s Genie+ service. If you were thinking of adding on Genie+ to your park day, we have good news for you! Three of Disney’s most popular rides are going to be added to Genie+ for a limited time.
For those that do not know, Genie+ includes most of the rides at the Disney parks, however the most popular attractions are not. These popular attractions can still be accessed via the Lightning Lane with an additional purchase. Disney recently announced three Individual Lightning Lane selections will become included in the standard Genie+ purchase. These attractions include:
- Frozen Ever After in Epcot
- Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
This change is just temporary, and will only be in effect until August 7th, 2022. At that point the above rides will be back as Individual Lightning Lanes.
Now the only attractions that cost extra for Lightning Lane access are:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in Epcot
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Avatar Flight of Passage in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest in Disney’s Animal Kingdom*
* Expedition Everest is currently closed for refurbishment and is scheduled to reopen sometime in April 2022. Disney states that they will announce upon its reopening if Everest will remain an Individual Lightning Lane or will be included in Genie+ until August.
Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lanes were launched on October 19, 2021. The cost for standard Genie+ is $15.00 per day per person. The Individual Lightning Lane attractions are an additional cost, usually between $7.00-$15.00 per ride per person. This add on has become common for many families looking to make the most out of their trip to Disney in this unusually busy season.
Are you planning a Walt Disney World vacation in the next few months? Will these changes to Genie+ benefit you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!