Because Christmas is just 26 weeks away, Disney has revealed some major details about the upcoming festivities. To honor Halfway to the Holidays, Disney previewed their 2022 Christmas merchandise and announced that certain seasonal offerings will be available. Among these offerings is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, which is coming back for the first time since 2019. Read on to get all the details on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the other holiday experiences that are returning for the 2022 Holiday season at Walt Disney World!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is an opportunity to celebrate the holiday season at Magic Kingdom with Mickey and his pals. This special ticketed event is night of cookies, entertainment, and holiday magic! As part of Halfway to the Holidays, Disney has released details on what experiences will be offered during this event. These experiences include:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration (Castle Show)
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
- Complimentary cookies and hot chocolate
- Attractions with a Holiday layover (Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and Mad Tea Party)
- Holiday themed dance parties (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Storybook Circus, Tomorrowland)
- 50th Anniversary photo opportunities
- 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be occurring on select nights in November and December. The dates listed for this event are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
The cost of a ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ranges from $149 to $199, depending on the night you wish you to attend. Tickets can be purchased online starting on July 7, 2022 and those staying at select Disney resorts during the holiday season will be able to purchase tickets on June 30, 2022.
Meet Santa Claus
Before heading out with his reindeer on Christmas Eve, Santa Claus will be spending some time at the Most Magical Place on Earth! This means that if you are visiting during the 2022 holiday season, you may spot the man in red in a few different locations. You will likely find Santa Claus at:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios in a red convertible during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on a flotilla in the Discovery River
- EPCOT telling stories during the International Festival of the Arts
- Magic Kingdom doing meet and greets near City Hall
- Disney Springs taking photos near the Christmas Tree Trail
Other Holiday Entertainment Offerings
If you can’t attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you will still be able to see the spirit of the season during your visit to Walt Disney World! During the 2022 holiday season, there will be festive entertainment offerings at all 4 parks and at Disney Springs! These are a few of the holiday entertainment offerings to look forward to this holiday season.
- Merry Menagerie at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Festive “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” Finale at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Snowfall in Town Square at Disney Springs
- Candlelight Processional at EPCOT
- Holiday Music on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT
- Holiday-themed photo opportunities with Disney PhotoPass Photographers at all parks and Disney Springs
Which Halfway to the Holidays announcement are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments! Be sure to keep reading DVC Shop Blog for more details on the 2022 holiday season at Disney!