The holidays are a very special time at Walt Disney World. While this time of the year can be pretty busy, there is something very magical about spending a holiday at the Most Magical Place on Earth. New Years Eve is right around the corner. Fortunately, Disney has plenty of things planned that help sprinkle a little pixie dust into the new year.
Because New Years Eve is a popular time to visit Walt Disney World, it’s important to have a plan for your visit. Here is a break down of everything you need to know about ringing in the New Year with a visit to Walt Disney World.
Although listed park hours are always subject to change, the current park hours for December 31st, 2021 are:
- Magic Kingdom: 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- EPCOT: 11:00 AM to 1:o0 AM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Disney Springs will also be open on New Years Eve from 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM.
Fireworks will be offered at both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT this New Year’s Eve.
- Magic Kingdom: Enchantment at 6:30 PM and Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50 PM
- EPCOT: Harmonious at 6:30 PM and New Year’s Eve Countdown at 11:54 PM
Park Pass Reservation
Park passes for this day may be hard to come by. Currently, only Disney’s Animal Kingdom has available reservations. It is possible that more reservations will open up as it get closer to New Year’s Eve. Keep checking the MyDisneyExperience app to see if more reservations have opened up.
New Year’s Eve At The Resorts
The New Year’s fun doesn’t stop at the theme parks. The resorts on Disney property also have special events planned for the big day. At the Contemporary, an event called The Golden New Year’s Eve in Wine Country is occurring at California Grill. During this event, the restaurant’s Napa Room will be decorated to look like a speakeasy where guests can drink wine and even see a magician. In the Sonoma Room, guests will find Mickey and some of his friends. Music will be supplied by a DJ and a roaming violinist. Additionally, there will be 50th Anniversary food stations throughout the two rooms. These food stations will include:
- Chilled Appetizer Station
- Chilled Seafood Bar
- Caviar Station with Potato Blinis
- Smoked Beef Tartare
- Chilled Golden and Candycane Beet Salad
- Wood Burning Station
- Perigord Black Winter Pizza
- Duck Char Sui Bao
- Sushi Station
- An array of maki, sashimi, nigiri and a collection of original sushi creations
- Hot Seafood Station
- Lobster Ravioli
- Plancha Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops
- Seared Ahi Tuna
- From the Grill and Rotisserie
- Grilled Porcelet
- Oak Fire-grilled Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Sauce
- Rohan Duck Breast 2 Ways
- Sweet Treats from our Disney’s Contemporary Resort Pastry Chefs
- 5 Magical Bites – 50 Years in the Making
- Banana Butterscotch Buzz
- Valrhona Molten Lava Cake
- Florida Citrus Cream Puffs
This event starts at 7:30 PM and lasts until 12:30 AM. Check with Disney reservations at 407-824-2013 to see if there is still availability.
Things To Remember
- Arrive to the park early on in the day as parks can easily reach capacity on this day.
- All guests wishing to visit a Disney park on New Year’s Eve will need a Disney Park Pass Reservation. Because it is a popular day to visit these pass may be booked very quickly.
- Disney roads are very busy during the holidays. Plan for extra travel time.
- Epcot’s Festival Of The Holidays ends on December 30th and will not be available on New Years Eve. This is also true for the Candlelight processional.
How will you be spending New Years Eve? Let us know in the comments!
Featured photo: Travel and Leisure