Refurbishments are a necessary part of keeping the attractions at the Disney Parks updated and running smoothly. However, it is always good to know what attractions are closed in each park before paying them a visit. Here is a complete list of which Disney attractions are closed due to Covid restrictions, closed to undergo refurbishment now or will be shortly, and when you can expect these attractions to be up and running once again.
Many of the attractions that are currently closed in Magic Kingdom are shows, which will most likely be reopening in the upcoming months as they were closed due to Covid safety guidelines, and not for refurbishments. The biggest refurbishment closure that will be happening in Magic Kingdom is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, although this ride will only be unavailable for a short while.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Set to close for refurbishment on June 7, 2021 and reopen on June 12, 2021.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – No reopening date released.
- Festival of Fantasy Parade – No reopening date released.
- Hall of Presidents – Currently closed for refurbishment. No reopening date released.
- Happily Ever After – No reopening date released.
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor – No reopening date released.
- Walt Disney World Railroad – No reopening date released.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – Permanently closed
Although Epcot is undergoing a large amount of refurbishment at this time in the park, many of the current attractions are not affected. There are only 2 show closures in Epcot right now, and no scheduled ride closures.
- Epcot Forever – No reopening date released.
- Turtle Talk with Crush – No reopening date released.
Animal Kingdom will also be making some changes to the park. Here there are a couple permanent closures that will most likely lead to some new ride additions, as well as attraction closures due to Covid restrictions.
- The Boneyard – No reopening date released.
- Primeval Whirl – Permanently closed.
- Finding Nemo: The Musical – No reopening date released.
- Rivers of Light – Permanently closed.
No rides are scheduled for refurbishment in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The current attraction closures are all shows with their reopening date still to be determined.
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage – No reopening date released.
- Fantasmic – No reopening date released.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – No reopening date released.
- Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple – No reopening date released.
- Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular – No reopening date released.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – No reopening date released.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid – No reopening date released.
Disneyland reopened its doors at the end of April 2021, but not every attraction opened along with it. A couple of major rides are undergoing refurbishment at this time, or will be shortly. Matterhorn Bobsleds and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters both have reopening dates listed, every other reopening date has yet to be announced.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – Currently closed for refurbishment. Reopening on July 2, 2021.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – Currently closed for refurbishment. Reopening on June 26, 2021.
- Jungle Cruise – Currently closed for refurbishment. Reopening July 16, 2021.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – No reopening date released.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Set to close for refurbishment on July 5, 2021. No reopening date released.
There are no scheduled closures for refurbishments at this time in California Adventure. Everything in this Disney park has reopened.
Many of the current attraction closures at this time in Walt Disney World are shows and performances that were not able to be operated within Covid safety guidelines. However, as these guidelines are updated, we will most likely see dates for these reopening being announced by Disney.
There are a few favorite rides in the Disney Parks that are or will be closed for refurbishment. These include:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 6/7/21 – 6/12/21 in Magic Kingdom
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: now – 6/26/21 in Disneyland
- Matterhorn Bobsleds: now – 7/2/21 in Disneyland
- Jungle Cruise: now – 7/16/21 in Disneyland
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 7/5/21 – TBD in Disneyland
Many of the rides that will be closed for refurbishment are in Disneyland, with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad being the only ride closure scheduled in the Walt Disney World parks. The Disneyland rides will begin opening again within the next couple of months.
Is your favorite attraction on the list of attractions closed or undergoing refurbishment right now? What attraction are you most looking forward to enjoying when it reopens again? Let us know in the comments below.