Disney has been bringing traditional character meet and greets back to Walt Disney World with a phased approach. Therefore, not every character that used to give hugs and sign autographs is available at this time. So what characters are in the parks right now for traditional meet and greets? Let’s take a look, park by park.
Many characters have yet to return for traditional meet and greets in Magic Kingdom, however there are some fan favorites that are available at this time.
- Chip and Dale in Storybook Circus
- Mickey Mouse in Town Square Theater
- Belle at Maurice’s Cottage
- Cinderella in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Rapunzel in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tiana in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Elena in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Anastasia and Drizella at Cinderella’s Fountain
- Captain Jack Sparrow at Adventureland Stage
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has brought back a couple of classic Disney characters, and is also home to many of the Disney Junior characters. In this park guests can find the following:
- Mickey Mouse in Red Carpet Dreams
- Minnie Mouse in Red Carpet Dreams
- Olaf in Celebrity Spotlight
- James P. Sullivan (Sulley) in Walt Disney Presents
- Fancy Nancy in Animation Courtyard
- Pluto in Animation Courtyard
- Vampirina in Animation Courtyard
- Doc McStuffins in Animation Courtyard
Epcot currently has the most traditional character meet and greets available at this time. The large variety of characters for guests to meet here includes:
- Pluto in World Celebration, Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Goofy in World Celebration, Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Minnie Mouse in the World Showcase Friendship Ambassador Gazebo
- Donald Duck in World Showcase, Mexico Promenade
- Elsa in World Showcase, Royal Sommerhus
- Anna in World Showcase, Royal Sommerhus
- Mulan in World Showcase, China Gardens
- Snow White in World Showcase, Germany Wishing Well
- Jasmine in World Showcase, Morocco Pavilion
- Belle in World Showcase, France Promenade
- Aurora in World Showcase, France Fragrance Gardens Gazebo
- Daisy Duck in World Showcase, International Gateway
- Alice in World Showcase, UK Gardens
- Mary Poppins in World Showcase, UK Maze
- Mickey Mouse in World Celebration, Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Vanellope Von Schwartz in World Celebration, ImageWorks
- Joy in World Celebration, ImageWorks
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is not currently offering many traditional character meet and greets. Kevin from “Up” can be seen walking around Discovery Island and guests are able to approach for pictures.
However, guests are able to spot additional characters on the flotillas throughout the day, as well as in Tusker House Restaurant’s character dining experience.
Although not every character has returned to Walt Disney World for traditional character meet and greets, many fan favorites can be found throughout the parks. Character Sighting are also still happening throughout the parks so you will still be able to catch a glimpse of extra characters throughout your day as well. However, if you are looking for hugs and autographs, the above list should help you find which park is best for you to find your favorite characters.
Who is your favorite character meet and greet? Have they returned for hugs yet? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to the DVC Shop Blog to find out when more characters return, and where!