Disney is known for its magical experiences, and the Walt Disney World Skyliner is no exception. This gondola system provides an exciting, bird’s-eye view way to travel around the resort. In this article, we’ll give you all the information you need to make the most of your Skyliner experience.
The Walt Disney World Skyliner is a state-of-the-art gondola system that connects several Disney resorts with two of the theme parks – EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner offers a unique aerial perspective of the resort, with some gondolas even featuring iconic Disney characters on the exterior.
- Disney Skyliner will be available each day one hour before Early Theme Park Entry begins at EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney Skyliner will close each day 90 minutes after EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes
- On nights when EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers Extended Evening Hours, Disney Skyliner will close one hour after they close*
- It’s always a good idea to check the specific operating hours during your visit as they can change
*During this time, Disney Skyliner will only offer transportation to Disney’s Riviera Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Resort. The route that moves between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be unavailable.
Skyliner services may be suspended due to bad weather. Specifically, if there’s lightning nearby, the gondolas are halted.
Disney Skyliner Gondola Stations
Each station has a unique design that fits with its surroundings and adds to the overall Disney magic.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- International Gateway at EPCOT
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
How To Use The Walt Disney World Skyliner
Using the Skyliner is simple. If you’re staying at one of the connected resorts, you can walk to the nearest Skyliner station. If you’re in one of the parks, follow the signs to the Skyliner. Once at the station, a cast member will guide you onto the gondola when it’s your turn. Remember, the gondolas are continuously moving, but they do slow down considerably for boarding.
Tips For Using The Skyliner
Here are some tips to enhance your Skyliner experience:
- Enjoy The Views: Try to ride the Skyliner during different times of the day. The views at sunrise, midday, and sunset offer beautiful scenes.
- Watch For Inclement Weather: As part of Disney’s commitment to guest safety, the operation of the Skyliner is suspended during lightning or rainy / stormy weather. In these cases, Disney’s bus transportation will be provided for the connecting resorts.
- Plan Ahead: Be aware that there are no restrooms at the stations, so plan accordingly.
A New Take On Disney Transportation
The Walt Disney World Skyliner is more than just transportation – it’s a unique experience that offers incredible views of the resort. By understanding how the system operates and using our tips, you’re sure to have a smooth and magical journey on your next Disney vacation.