For guests who are not a fan of waiting in line to purchase their merchandise, we have good news. Mobile checkout is coming to Disney merchandise locations soon! The “scan and go” process is currently undergoing testing in certain stores, with more to be added as the mobile checkout is perfected.
The mobile checkout option can be seen in the My Disney Experience app. Using the scan and go option in the app is simple. Here is how it works.
- Shop and scan your merchandise using the camera on your phone or type in the barcode numbers.
- Skip the line and pay on your app.
Annual Passholder discounts will be applied through the app, however those guests who use a Disney Visa card will still need to checkout via a register in order to receive their discount.
Once guests have completed checkout they will receive a QR code. This code is scanned by Cast Members at the exit to verify purchases. This app is also useful to manage purchases and receipts with the “Purchase History” feature.
Currently guests can shop on the app at the following Disney locations:
Walt Disney World Resort
- Creations Shop – Epcot
- Emporium – Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s of Hollywood – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Island Mercantile – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- World of Disney – Disney Springs
- Disney Clothiers, Ltd. – Disneyland Park
- China Closet – Disneyland Park
- Plaza Point – Disneyland Park
- Emporium – Disneyland Park
- Pioneer Mercantile – Disneyland Park
- Bonanza Outfitters – Disneyland Park
- The Star Trader – Disneyland Park
- Elias & Co. – Disney’s California Adventure
- WEB Suppliers – Disney’s California Adventure
- Knick’s Knacks – Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Disney – Downtown Disney
This new addition to the My Disney Experience app is an amazing development, especially considering that merchandise queues have become quite long and can eat up time that would be more valuable elsewhere. Guests should keep in mind that there may be some changes to the mobile merchandise checkout feature since it is still in the testing phase. More locations may be added soon as this feature becomes more accessible throughout the Disney parks.