Disney World is home to an endless selection of unique activities to enjoy during your vacation. You can find unique tours and experiences and more to suit any taste or activity level – and sometimes, without even leaving your resort! For those looking to take to the water and enjoy some of the uniquely beautiful views of Disney World, a motorized boat rental is the perfect entertaining activity for you.
A motorized boat rental can make for the perfect relaxing afternoon activity. It’s also a great way to celebrate a special occasion! You can rent a pontoon boat at one of the resort marinas and “pilot your own adventure” around the beautiful lakes and lagoons.
The pontoon boat rentals can accommodate up to 10 guests, making it perfect for a group activity or family gathering. The pontoons available are spacious Sun Tracker pontoons, which offer comfortable seating and optional sun cover – perfect for those hot afternoons in Orlando! The cost is $45 per half hour.
Cruise around beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon, Bay Lake or Crescent Lake and experience the sights and sounds of Disney World like you’ve never seen them before.
Where To Rent A Boat
Marinas at several resort locations have motorized boat rentals available. No reservations are required, so just stop by the marina during operating hours (typically 11AM to 5PM) to secure your rental on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Bay Lake Tower and Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Villas
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa / The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Other Watercraft Rentals and Activities
For smaller watercraft rentals, you can also head on over to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground to rent a canoe or kayak. Visit the Bike Barn at the Meadow Recreation Area to secure your rental for $13/hour, then paddle around the streams and ponds of Fort Wilderness and take in the natural beauty around you.
Disney World also offers guided fishing and dockside fishing for any aspiring anglers out there! During the guided catch-and-release fishing excursions, an experienced cast member guide will take you on a 2- or 4-hour guided fishing tour of Bay Lake, Seven Seas Lagoon, Village Lake, or Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon.
Per Disney World, all fishing excursions include:
- An experienced guide
- Rod and reel
- Artificial and/or live bait (NITRO boats will not offer live bait.)
- Non-alcoholic beverages only (Guests may not bring alcoholic beverages aboard.)
Fishing excursions are available at:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
If you prefer to stay dockside for fishing, head on over to Port Orleans Resort – Riverside or Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground to rent casting-rod fishing gear and enjoy a relaxing afternoon fishing off the docks.
Things To Know
There are a few guidelines to be aware of if you plan to rent a motorized boat. Per Disney:
- Guests must be 18 years of age or over and will need to present a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID or Military ID to rent a boat.
- Onboard smoking is not permitted.
- Complimentary life jackets must be worn for all Guests under 12.
- During peak times of the year, only Resort hotel Guests or Guests with dining or recreation reservations may be allowed to enter the Resort hotel area to park.
This is the perfect activity to build into a non-park or resort-only day! Have you ever rented a boat at Disney World? Share your experience with us below in the comments!