Traditional character meet and greets are almost completely back to normal, with just a few fan favorites missing in the parks. Characters are back for hugs mostly in their pre-pandemic places but sometimes they can move around. To find out exactly where each of the characters are in the park are on any given day, be sure to check on the My Disney Experience app first. So exactly which characters are back in their regular spots in the Walt Disney World theme parks? Are some not doing autographs? We have the answers for you below in this New Year update!
- Chip and Dale in Storybook Circus
- Mickey Mouse in Town Square Theater
- Minnie Mouse in Town Square Theater
- Snow White in Town Square Theater Porch
- Winnie the Pooh in Hundred Acre Woods in Fantasyland
- Tigger in Hundred Acre Woods in Fantasyland
- Belle at Maurice’s Cottage
- Merida in Fairytale Garden
- Cinderella in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Rapunzel in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tiana in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Elena in Princess Fairytale Hall
- Peter Pan at Never Land Map
- Anastasia and Drizella at Cinderella’s Fountain
- Captain Jack Sparrow at Adventureland Stage
- Jasmine in Adventureland, Agrabah
- Aladdin in Adventureland, Agrabah
- Mickey Mouse in Red Carpet Dreams
- Minnie Mouse in Red Carpet Dreams
- Olaf in Celebrity Spotlight
- Pluto in Animation Courtyard
- Vampirina in Animation Courtyard
- Fancy Nancy in Animation Courtyard
- Doc McStuffins in Animation Courtyard
- James P. Sullivan (Sulley) in Walt Disney Presents
- Chewbacca in Star Wars Launch Bay
- BB-8 in Star Wars Launch Bay
- Darth Vader in Star Wars Launch Bay
- Woody in front of Toy Story Mania
- Jessie in front of Toy Story Mania
- Buzz Lightyear at the Toy Story Land entrance
- Goofy in World Celebration, Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Pluto in World Celebration, Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Minnie Mouse in the World Showcase Friendship Ambassador Gazebo
- Donald Duck in World Showcase, Mexico Promenade
- Elsa in World Showcase, Royal Sommerhus
- Anna in World Showcase, Royal Sommerhus
- Mulan in World Showcase, China Gardens
- Snow White in World Showcase, Germany Wishing Well
- Jasmine in World Showcase, Morocco
- Belle in World Showcase, France Promenade
- Aurora in World Showcase, France Fragrance Gardens Gazebo
- Daisy Duck in World Showcase, International Gateway
- Alice in World Showcase, UK Gardens
- Mary Poppins in World Showcase, UK Maze
- Mickey Mouse in World Celebration, Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Joy in World Celebration, ImageWorks
- Vanellope Von Schweetz in World Celebration, ImageWorks
- Kevin roaming on Discovery Island
- Mickey Mouse in Adventurers Outpost
- Minnie Mouse in Adventurers Outpost
- Chip and Dale in DinoLand U.S.A., Cretaceous Trail
- Donald Duck in DinoLand U.S.A. Welcome Center
- Daisy Duck in DinoLand U.S.A., Daisy’s Design Studio
Does Everyone Give Hugs And Autographs?
Although these are all traditional character meet and greets, pre-pandemic style, some characters are not able to sign autographs due to their costumes. Here are the following characters who are happy for hugs, but can’t give you an autograph.
- Olaf in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- BB8 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sully in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Light-Year in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The above characters will usually have a Cast Member that gives out stickers to put in the autograph books.
Kevin in Disney’s Animal Kingdom also cannot give out autographs but guests are also not allowed to hug her. If you ask, Kevin will usually allow kids to gently stroke her feathers, but you definitely need to ask beforehand.
Who Is Still Missing?
There are still quite a few characters that have yet to make their glorious return to Walt Disney World. Majority of the characters missing are in Magic Kingdom now but hopefully we will see the return of them all soon enough!
- Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto
- Alice by The Mad Tea Party
- Mad Hatter by The Mad Tea Party
- Minnie Mouse in Storybook Circus
- Daisy Duck in Storybook Circus
- Donald Duck in Storybook Circus
- Goofy in Storybook Circus
- Mary Poppins in Liberty Square
- Gaston by Gaston’s Tavern
- Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Incredibles at Pixar Place
- Edna Mode at Pixar Place
- Bo Peep in front of Toy Story Mania
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Russell & Dug on Discovery Island
- Goofy in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Pluto in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Scrooge McDuck in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Launchpad McQuak in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Pocahontas on the Discovery Island Trails
- Meeko on the Discovery Island Trails
- Timon on the Discovery Island Trails
- Rafiki on the Discovery Island Trails
Character meet and greets are always such a highlight for Disney trips. No matter what park you go to there are characters to meet and hug, and the entire experience is so magical. Although there are still some characters that have yet to return, more are returning all the time and sometimes without any warning. Also, some characters may not be making an appearance on a particular day. So be sure to check the day of where to find each character that you are hoping to meet to see who is around in the parks.
Who is your favorite character? Have they already made a return or are you still waiting? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned into the DVC Shop Blog for more character updates as the year goes on!