Traditional character meet and greets are almost completely back to normal, with just a few fan favorites missing in the parks. Characters are back for hugs mostly in their pre-pandemic places but sometimes they can move around. To find out exactly where each of the characters are in the park are on any given day, be sure to check on the My Disney Experience app first. So exactly which characters are back in their regular spots in the Walt Disney World theme parks? Are some not doing autographs? We have the answers for you below in this New Year update!
Does Everyone Give Hugs And Autographs?
Although these are all traditional character meet and greets, pre-pandemic style, some characters are not able to sign autographs due to their costumes. Here are the following characters who are happy for hugs, but can’t give you an autograph.
- Olaf in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- BB8 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sully in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Light-Year in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The above characters will usually have a Cast Member that gives out stickers to put in the autograph books.
Kevin in Disney’s Animal Kingdom also cannot give out autographs but guests are also not allowed to hug her. If you ask, Kevin will usually allow kids to gently stroke her feathers, but you definitely need to ask beforehand.
Who Is Still Missing?
There are still quite a few characters that have yet to make their glorious return to Walt Disney World. Majority of the characters missing are in Magic Kingdom now but hopefully we will see the return of them all soon enough!
- Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto
- Alice by The Mad Tea Party
- Mad Hatter by The Mad Tea Party
- Minnie Mouse in Storybook Circus
- Daisy Duck in Storybook Circus
- Donald Duck in Storybook Circus
- Goofy in Storybook Circus
- Mary Poppins in Liberty Square
- Gaston by Gaston’s Tavern
- Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Incredibles at Pixar Place
- Edna Mode at Pixar Place
- Bo Peep in front of Toy Story Mania
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Russell & Dug on Discovery Island
- Goofy in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Pluto in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Scrooge McDuck in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Launchpad McQuak in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Pocahontas on the Discovery Island Trails
- Meeko on the Discovery Island Trails
- Timon on the Discovery Island Trails
- Rafiki on the Discovery Island Trails
Character meet and greets are always such a highlight for Disney trips. No matter what park you go to there are characters to meet and hug, and the entire experience is so magical. Although there are still some characters that have yet to return, more are returning all the time and sometimes without any warning. Also, some characters may not be making an appearance on a particular day. So be sure to check the day of where to find each character that you are hoping to meet to see who is around in the parks.
Who is your favorite character? Have they already made a return or are you still waiting? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned into the DVC Shop Blog for more character updates as the year goes on!