Epcot’s beloved International Festival of the Arts is right around the corner and this year brings a variety of exciting events and attractions for the whole family. This annual fest draws thousands of art enthusiasts to Epcot to experience visual, culinary and performing arts throughout the park along with seminars, workshops and art installations. Here’s what to expect from Epcot’s Festival of the Arts 2020.
This year, the International Festival of the Arts takes place from January 17 to February 24, 2020. Regular park admission is required to enter Epcot and experience the food, art and shows around the park. While special admission is not required, there are Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Packages available at the following restaurants:
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- Garden Grill Restaurant
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
The Disney on Broadway Concerts Series is a must-see event that takes place at the Festival of the Arts each year. During this event guests have a chance to experience live musical performances by sets of real Broadway stars as they take the stage to sing some of Disney’s most beloved musical hits. Guests who enjoy Disney music will love sitting back and singing along during this event.
This year’s guest performers and schedule is as follows:
- Jan 17, 20-21, 24: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King)
- Jan 18-19, 22-23: Heidi Blickenstaff (The Little Mermaid, Freaky Friday) and Gavin Lee (Mary Poppins)
- Jan 25: Special performance by Kissy Simmons, Heidi Blickenstaff, Alton Fitzgerald White and Gavin Lee
- Jan 26, 28-29, Feb 1-2, 5-6: Kara Lindsay (Newsies) and Kevin Massey (Tarzan)
- Jan 27, 30-31, Feb 3-4, 7-8: Liana Hunt (Mamma Mia!) and Adam Jacobs (Aladdin)
- Feb 9: Special performance by Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, Liana Hunt and Adam Jacobs
- Feb 10, 12-13, 18-19, 22-23: Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- Feb 11, 14-17, 20-21: Syndee Winters (The Lion King) and Michael James Scott (Aladdin)
- Feb 24: Special performance by Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Syndee Winters and Michael James Scott
Food Studios Around the World Showcase
Similar to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, during the Festival of the Arts there will be small food stalls and booths set up around the world showcase where guests can experience creative and appetizing snacks and meals. While portion sizes are generally snack size, many selections are quite filling and often a very good value for your money. A few highlights you can expect at this year’s event are:
- Deconstructed Ruebans and BLT sandwiches
- Seared Corvina with Braised Ratatouille
- Beef Wellington with Roasted Baby Vegetables
- Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam
- Artist Palette Jumbo Cookies
- Speciality Wine, Cocktails and Non-alcoholic beverages
Visit the following link for a full list of the artful cuisine available at this year’s Festival of the Arts.
In addition to the shows and food available around the World Showcase, various interactive workshops will be available at the Festival Pavilion for a fee. Workshops take place on weekends during the event and include:
- Ink & Paint Animation
- Disney 3D Paper Crafting
- Gesture Drawing Basics: “Storytelling Drawings”
- Animation 101: Flip Book Fundamentals
- Doodling with Viz
For more information on these workshops and times, visit Disney’s Festival of the Arts Workshop page.
The fourth annual Festival of the Arts at Epcot will be an event you won’t want to miss if you’re in the Orlando area during the months of January and February. For more information on what you can expect for the Festival of the Arts 2020, visit the festival’s homepage.
Discount Disney tickets can be purchased from DVCShop by contacting our Rentals division at rentals.dvcshop.com.