On Thursday, April 16th, Disney created a special concert for fans around the world. The Disney Family Singalong aired at 8PM ET on ABC and featured a variety of famous singers and actors gracing us with performances of our favorite Disney songs while in isolation in their own homes and studios.
This special feature was a real treat for Disney fans, many of whom have had to cancel Disney vacations due to park closures since March. Millions of viewers tuned in to feel a little bit of that Disney magic we’ve all been missing for some time now. If you missed Disney’s Singalong, don’t worry, you can still watch certain performances on YouTube or watch the full version on ABC.com, the ABC App or Hulu.
Who Participated In the Singalong?
Some of the top names in the entertainment industry participated in the Singalong, like Christina Aguilera, singing “Can You Feel The Love Tonight.”
Beauty and the Beast actors Josh Gad and Luke Evans treated us to a performance of “Gaston” from the 2017 live action hit movie.
Singer/Songwriter Tori Kelly performed “Colors of the Wind” from Pocohontas.
Megastar Ariana Grande created a one woman show and provided her own backup vocals while singing one of her favorites, “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from Disney’s Hercules.
And even Queen B Beyonce herself showed up as a surprise guest with a rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.”
LISTEN: Beyonce performs “When You Wish Upon a Star” and dedicates the song to health care workers.
Just Perfect.#DisneyFamilySingalong pic.twitter.com/Plkgxo2dcU
— Austin Kellerman (@AustinKellerman) April 17, 2020
Other performances included:
- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” performed by Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” performed by Little Big Town
- “Be Our Guest” performed by Derek Hough, Hayley Erbert, and Julianne Hough
- “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” performed by Thomas Rhett
- “Friend Like Me” performed by James Monroe Iglehart with Broadway Company of Disney’s Aladdin
- “How Far I’ll Go” performed by Auliʻi Cravalho
- “I Wan’na Be Like You” performed by Darren Criss
- “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” performed by Donny Osmond
- “It’s a Small World” performed by John Stamos
- “Let It Go” performed by Amber Riley
- “The Bare Necessities” performed by Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Marcus Scribner
- “Under The Sea” performed by Jordan Fisher
- “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” performed by Josh Groban
- We’re All in This Together” performed by Kenny Ortega and the casts of High School Musical, Descendants, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and Zombies
The Disney Family Singalong was not only created to bring the Disney spirit into our homes but also to bring awareness to the Feeding America’s network and resources which helps families across America facing hunger during the COVID-19 epidemic.