Every DVC owner receives an allotment of points to use within their Use Year. Your Use Year is based on your contract and can be any month of the year. Let’s say you’re an owner with a June Use Year. That means that from June of 2019 until May 2020 you have your full allotment of points available to use. What if you don’t use or points, or what if you need more points? This is where banking and borrowing your Disney Vacation Club points comes in handy.
If you find yourself ready to book your perfect Disney vacation but you’re short a few points, don’t throw in the towel just yet. You have several options for acquiring enough points for your stay, the most popular being borrowing points.
Every DVC owner has the option to borrow points from the following Use Year to complete a reservation that requires more points than you currently have available. Keep in mind that all points are based on Use Year. If you book a reservation for next year and it falls into your next Use Year, borrowing points would actually come from the following Use Year.
If you’ve been too busy to travel this year or just have a few points left over in your current Use Year, all DVC members have the option to bank their points into the following Use Year to extend the usage of these points. Once your points are banked you have until the end of the banked Use Year to book reservations with these points.
Things to Remember
- You can only borrow points to complete a reservation that requires more points than you currently have.
- You can only borrow points from the following Use Year’s allotment of points to complete your reservation.
- Banking and borrowing points are final and irreversible transactions.
- Banked points cannot be banked again, so make sure you use them up.
- You may only bank points within the first 8 months of your current Use Year. You cannot bank points during the last 4 months of your Use Year.
- All banked and borrowed points keep their home resort affiliation. You cannot combine points from different home resorts to book during the 11-month booking window. You may combine points to book during the 7-month booking window.
Banking and borrowing are a great way to get the most out of your Disney Vacation Club ownership. As a DVC owner, these two options provide you with extra flexibility to book that perfect family vacation, whether that means booking longer stays, more vacations or larger units.