Although Disney After Hours events have been shelved for the time being due to COVID-19, this ultra fun nighttime event is sure to come back soon. While Disney is doing their best to navigate the pandemic and safety of guests, they are continuing to reopen more and more park and resort attractions with each coming week. Once Disney After Hours events do return, will they be worth it to you?
Do you ever wish that you could experience the magic of Disney World without the hustle and bustle of the crowds? Have you ever wondered what riding the exhilarating roller coasters would be like in the cool of the evening? Then you might find Disney After Hours events to be the perfect experience for you and worth the extra cost.
Just because the sun sets and the lights turn on does not mean that the magic of Disney stops. Disney After Hours is a really fun and unique way to enjoy the parks in a way that most people don’t get to. Because these are separately ticketed 3-hour nighttime events, there are a limited number of people who take advantage of them and therefore limited crowds.
Here’s what you get when you visit Disney After Hours.
Disney After Hours Rides and Attractions
Guests can enter the park starting at 7 pm, and can head straight to their favorite attractions. Because of the shorter wait times and cooler temperatures (not a super significant change, but hey that’s Florida) the lines are much more manageable.
Magic Kingdom DAH Rides
Magic Kingdom is already a place where people get to truly experience magic, after dark is no different. If anything, the twinkling lights and beautiful sights make the experience even more breathtaking and unique.
Here are the rides that are available to guests during Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom:
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Disney Princess Greetings at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
Disney’s Animal Kingdom DAH Rides
If Animal Kingdom is one of your favorite parks then you will probably love it even more after dark. The Tree of Life is lit up beautifully and there are slow pulsing lights to give the illusion of fireflies lighting up the night. These are the rides available for Disney After Hours at Animal Kingdom:
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- DJ Dance Party
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- It’s tough to be a Bug!
- Mickey & Minnie Greeting at Adventurers Outpost
- Na’vi River Journey
- Pandora Drummers – Swotu Wayä
- Rivers of Light: We Are One
- Tree of Life Awakenings
- TriceraTop Spin
Snacks and Beverages are Included
Another great reason to do Disney After Hours is for the drinks and snacks that are included with the purchase of a ticket.
So what snacks are included? Popcorn, ice cream and any non-alcoholic beverage at one of the many carts around the park. There are also several restaurants open so you can purchase food while you’re there.
Cost of Disney After Hours
- Disney After Hours tickets may be purchased in advance for $129 (per adult or child, plus tax)
- Tickets purchased on the day of the event will cost $139 (per adult or child, plus tax)
- For Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney After Hours tickets can be purchased in advance for just $99 (per adult or child, plus tax)
- A limited number of tickets are available for each Disney After Hours event
- Disney After Hours rides, attractions, and entertainment are subject to change w/o notice
- Ticket Holders can enter the designated Disney After Hours park at 7:00 PM on the night of the event. See your ticket for event times because the opening and closing times tend to fluctuate (see below for 2020 Disney After Hours dates and times).
If you’re the type of park goer that enjoys a more exclusive park experience with small crowds, more space and all you can eat drinks and snacks, you may very well find Disney After Hours events worth it to you. Next time you plan a trip to Disney, consider trying Disney After Hours, it’s a unique experience that you won’t forget!
Are you planning a trip to Disney World or another DVC location? Start shopping for your discounted Deluxe Disney Resort stay now through DVC Shop Rentals.