If you’re looking for a Walt Disney World experience that’s a little off the beaten path, you might want to consider renting a bicycle at one of the participating resort hotels in Walt Disney World! Bicycle rentals have been available in Walt Disney World since the mid-2000s, offering guests a novel and eco-friendly way to get around the parks. Here’s everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s bike rental services.
Where Can You Rent Bicycles In Walt Disney World?
Bike rentals are available at several Walt Disney World locations, including:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground & Resort
- Disney’s Old Key West
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Types Of Bikes Available For Rent
Bicycle Rental Prices
The cost of renting a bicycle depends on a few factors such as the resort you are renting from, the type of bike you wish to rent, and the amount of time you wish to rent it for.
Most bikes are around $9 to $20 per half hour to rent, with daily rental options available at some locations.
Bike Rental Notes
- Bikes are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- All types of bikes may not be available at all participating resorts
- Helmets as well as child seats are included free of charge with any bike rental
- Bikes can be used on any walkways and sidewalks, but are not allowed on roads or golf cart routes
- Bicyclists under 16 years old are required to wear helmets by Florida law
- Guests are required to keep the bike within the resort area that the bike was rented from
- Most resorts’ rental hours begin at 10am and end at 5pm
- Alcohol can not be consumed while on any of the bikes (Of course!)
- It’s best to bring a backpack to keep personal items in, as not all bikes feature a basket
So, whether you’re looking for a leisurely solo ride or an adventure for the whole family, Walt Disney World’s Bicycle Rentals are a great way to explore your resort and bring the whole family together for some exercise and fun. So grab your bike and get ready to explore Walt Disney World in a whole new way!
As always, stay tuned to the DVC Shop blog for all the latest developments for Disney theme parks and all the information you could ever need about the Disney Vacation Club resorts.