Can the most magical place on earth also be the most romantic? Many couples believe this to be the case and plan their anniversary celebrations and even weddings in Disney World. With superlative dining choices and a wealth of entertainment, there are plenty of options for planning every kind of romantic occasion–especially date nights.
If you are planning a date night in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, check out our suggestions for an especially magical evening!
Enjoy Table Service Dining or Visit a Lounge
The table service restaurants and lounges in Hollywood Studios reflect an elegant, old Hollywood-style; perfect for a date night dinner! Try one of the following during your evening:
- The Hollywood Brown Derby: For a fine dining experience in a romantic setting, look no further. The Hollywood Brown Derby is Hollywood Studios’ only signature restaurant, featuring a refined menu and beautiful dining room styled after the original Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood, California.
- If you weren’t able to snag a reservation at this popular eatery, try the adjacent Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. This lounge offers a similar menu, tasty signature cocktails and limited seating either indoors or on the outdoors patio–perfect for people watching!
- Another lounge on Hollywood Studios’ Grand Avenue offers a cozy, themed pub ambiance and an extensive drink menu. BaseLine Tap House is the perfect place to share a light dinner of small plates and perhaps an adult beverage.
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano offers a more casual dining setting with classic Italian fare. Enjoy a cozy, wood-paneled dining room, string lighting and quirky decor, and filling entrees.
See a Show
No date night would be complete without enjoying some entertainment! Be sure to check out some of the shows together:
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Evening projection shows on the Chinese Theater (the building housing Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway) – be sure to check the My Disney Experience app for showtimes
- Disney Movie Magic, highlighting classic Disney movie moments
- Wonderful World of Animation, celebrating 90 years of Disney and Pixar animation
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Book a Fantasmic Dining Package
To combine the best of both worlds, book a Fantasmic! Dining Package to incorporate delicious dining and an incredible nighttime entertainment spectacular into your date night. A dining package guarantees seating for the show (you’ll receive a VIP seating voucher) as well as your meal at Mama Melrose’s, Hollywood Brown Derby, 50’s Prime Time Cafe, Hollywood & Vine or Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant.
Even if you can’t snag a dining package reservation, Fantasmic! is still a must-do for an evening in Hollywood Studios! Just be sure to head to the amphitheater early to secure a good seat, as this is a popular show. The elaborate production is sure to invoke some nostalgic memories and add some magic to your evening.
Do you have any suggestions for a perfect Hollywood Studios date night? Tell us in the comments!
Featured photo by Emily Murray.