The palette for your palate is on its way to Orlando, Florida, as EPCOT is hosting its International Festival of the Arts starting on January 8. This will be the 5th anniversary of the global celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts coming to EPCOT.
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts offers fun for the whole family, here is a sketch of what to expect when the event starts in January:
- Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
- Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
- Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
- Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
- Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
- Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
- Join an artful scavenger hunt and search for Figment around World Showcase
- Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise
What is the Festival of the Arts?
The Festival of the Arts is one of EPCOT’s annual festivals where guests get to eat foods from all around the world, watch demonstrations from world renown performers and view one of a kind art.
Due to its shorter time span the Festival of the Arts can sometimes be overshadowed by the bigger name festivals – Food and Wine and the Flower Garden Festival. But it’s definitely not one that should be overlooked.
When is the Festival of the Arts?
Next year’s festival will only run from January 8, to February 22, so make sure to plan a trip to Disney World because you won’t want to miss it!
Navigating the Event
Trying to find your way around the festival can be confusing as there will be so much going on. To help you on your way Disney has the Park Map, the Times Guide and the Festival Passport. These three items will help you navigate around the park to help you find exactly what you’re looking for and so that you can make sure that you won’t miss any of the spectacular events.
Activities at the Festival
One of the major differences between the Festival of the Arts and the other festivals that EPCOT hosts is the activities. This festival has more than just eating to do, here’s a list of a few:
- Paint-by-number mural
- Guests will be able to paint a few squares on the mural which will come together throughout the day.
- Kid’s Chalk Art
- This is an opportunity for kids to create their own artistry.
- Photo Ops
- This is a cool opportunity for guests to be the centerpiece of some artistry.
Entertainment at the Festival
There will be an acrobatics show being performed and a performing arts showcase where high school students will perform different styles of music.
This festival offers a wide variety of things to do for all guests, it really is a spectacular event. You don’t want to miss it!