A big transformation has been in progress at Epcot for the past couple of years! One of the biggest updates involved the closing of the park’s largest quick service restaurant: the Electric Umbrella. This dining location closed in November of 2019. Many other experiences in the same area, such as Innoventions East, Character Spot, Club Cool, and Mouse Gear, were also rendered unavailable as part of this grand refurbishment.
Over 2 years later, Disney has announced that Electric Umbrella’s replacement will be opening this spring! This past week, the company made it known that Connections Café and Eatery will soon open its doors to serve Epcot’s guests. This announcement described the new dining location as a “unique experience, embracing the cultures from around the world and bringing them to you in true EPCOT fashion”.
Everything We Know About Connections Café and Eatery
Connections Café and Eatery will actually be two separate dining experiences in one area. The Connections Eatery falls into the category of fast-casual quick-service restaurants. The menu will include food that is inspired by cuisine from all over the world. In offering global food options, Connection Eatery hopes to display how food has the power to bring people together. As you enter the restaurant, you will be able to see just how some of these items are made as the chefs make desserts and dough for pizza.
As part of this announcement, Disney provided a small sneak peek of the food that will be available at Connections Eatery. Here are the items that Disney has listed in their preview.
- French Bistro Burger with caramelized onions, bacon and brie.
- Southwestern Burger with a roasted chipotle-corn salsa and guacamole spread.
- Vietnamese-inspired Banh Mi Burger.
- Greek-inspired burger.
- Niçoise-style Salad with potatoes, white and green beans, and olives drizzled with a Dijon vinaigrette.
- General Tso Chicken Salad which features a broccoli slaw, red bell peppers, mandarin oranges, and crispy wontons.
- Meatball pizza.
- Pepperoni pizza.
- Curry Spice Pizza which is topped with peas, potato, carrots, and lime “yogurt”.
- Grilled Chicken Bai.
- Chicken nugget basket.
- Liege Waffle which is made with brioche dough, pearl sugar, strawberries, cool whip, and chocolate topping.
- Mango Coconut Milk Shake topped with a pomegranate molasses drizzle
- Apple Pie Gelato Shake
- Watermelon-Mint Agua Fresca – alcohol free
- Cucumber and Thai Basil Cooler – contains alcohol
What is Connections Café?
At Epcot’s Connection Café, you will be able to purchase Starbucks coffee and Disney-baked goods. Disney has said that this Starbucks location has been designed to match the park’s theming.
What part of the Epcot transformation are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments!